Courses Offered In Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University & Requirements
Advice To All Prospective Students of IBBU
If you are a prospective student of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University and wants to know the complete list of courses offered in this Institution, you are in the right place as we have listed the updated and comprehensive list of courses you can study in Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
If you don’t know what course to study and you are asking “what are the courses offered in IBBU this full list below will help you as it contains the official courses that has been accredited by National Universities Commission ( NUC) for Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University
Please before you finally choose a course in IBBU, ensure you understand what the course is all about. Specifically, you must understand the career prospects in the course, the O’ level requirement and the UTME subject combination.
List of Courses Offered in IBBU
AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY
EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
EXERCISE AND SPORTS SCIENCE
FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
SPORT SCIENCE AND HEALTH EDUCATION
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Admission Requirements:
General Regulations Governing Admission
- Candidates with sufficient qualifications for a proposed course of study may be offered admission to IBB University, provided they have reached the age of sixteen (16) on the first day of October in the year of their admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to the University for any Course of study must complete the appropriate application form obtainable from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Abuja (for Direct Entry or 200 levels) or take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME entry at 100 levels).
iii. For admission to ALL degree courses, candidates must satisfy the entrance requirements of the University. For certain degree courses, additional faculty or departmental requirements may have to be satisfied.
- Applicants who are offered places in the University will be required to submit to the Academic Office for scrutiny, all certificates and other acceptable documentary evidence of examination and age qualification.
- The University reserves the right to accept or reject an application for admission to any particular course of study in the University.
- The University reserves the right to withdrawal an offer of admission if at any time it is discovered that the results/certificates with which a candidate is offered admission is fake/forged.
Applicants who seeking admission to the University through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) may be admitted into the first year (100 level) of the 4/5 year degree programme provided that:
vii. They have completed a full course of training in the Senior Secondary School (SSS) or in an approved college or institute of equivalent status.
viii. They possess one or more of the following qualifications:
1. The Senior Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.E.) National Examinations Council Certificate (NECO) or the West African School Certificate (WASC) or General Certificate in Education (GCE) through the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with passes at credit level in at least five subjects including Mathematics and English Language, obtained at not more than two sittings.
2. The Teachers Grade II Certificate (for education courses only) with Credit/Merit in at least five relevant subjects including Mathematics and English Language.
3. NABTEB O’ level with Credits in at least 5 relevant subjects.
DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants with one or more of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by direct entry into 200 level of the 4/5 Year degree programmes:
- Two Credit passes at the advanced level and SSCE/GCE O’ level Credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Upper Credit at the National Diploma and SSCE/GCE O’ level credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Passes at credit level in two major subjects in the NCE with SSCE /GCE O’ level credits or equivalent with five relevant subjects. Education is accepted as third A’ level subject for those taking courses in education.
xii. Two passes at minimum of C grade in the Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) Examinations or equivalent with SSCE/GCE O’ level, credit passes in five relevant subjects obtained at not more than two sittings.
xiii. A credit passes in Mathematics and English Language are required for all courses.
If you still have any question as regards the courses offered in IBBU /Admission requirements, direct your questions to us using the comment box below and visit
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University official website on https://www.ibbu.edu.ng//
Also if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please Feel free share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends using the buttons below.